In this episode of Underpaid Gamers Podcast Tony and Justin discuss the recently released Fire Emblem mobile game. In addition they discuss the current happenings in the gaming and nerd worlds including the standalone Batman movie, Prey, and so much more! Listen in for a good time. Find us on Twitch!
68: Fire Emblem Heroes
Ben Affleck not directing Batman movie
Square Enix 30th, Final Fantasy 7 20th (Ditto)
Bethesda’s Prey Trailer
The Last Guardian gets a permanent pay cut to $40 everywhere
PS4 external hard drive update in beta, up to 8TB
Fire Emblem Heroes
In this episode of Underpaid Gamers Justin and Tony discuss the recent Fire Emblem direct. Additional topics include updates on Overwatch and Melee esports, Uncharted 4, and Tony’s recent Watch Dogs 2 platinum. Listen in for a good time! Tweet @UPgamerspodcast to join the conversation!
Breath of the Wild side quests guide
-Not Skyrim, only one way to play?
House of Cards release date – May 30
Overwatch Open Winter Premiere
Final Four next week Complexity, Luminosity, Emmortals, Kungara
Watch_Dogs 2 Platinum
Fire Emblem Treehouse
In a video released on twitch by Nintendo at 5pm EST the crew working on Fire Emblem made three major announcements regarding the franchise. Below you will find the announcement summarized with a few of my thoughts attached.
Three major announcements
1. Fire Emblem: Shadows of Valentia Echoes (Complete remake of Gaiden)
- The Game is a major release for 3ds
- Brings the NES Japan-exclusive game to the modern era and to international markets.
- There will be a set of Fire Emblem Amiibo released with the game
Thoughts: Out of all three announcements this is the one that intrigues me the most. Not only is this a remake of an old Japan-only fire emblem, it is also has mechanics and features that I have not seen in a fire emblem game to date. I think it’ll be a hit!
2. Fire Emblem: Warriors
- Will be released on the Switch and 3ds
- Based off the Koei’s Warriors series
- Released Q3 of 2017
Thoughts: I have enjoyed many warriors games in the past. I think this will be another enjoyable game. It doesn’t stick out to me as a must-have instead it will be a later pick-up when the price drops.
3. Fire Emblem for Nintendo Switch (Working Title)
- The game will be released in 2018.
- Referenced the last console Fire Emblem Game that was released in 2007.
- Not a detailed part of the presentation.
Thoughts: This part of the announcement was the least detailed. I’m excited for there to be a new Fire Emblem released for a console. It has been quite sometime since radiant dawn (Wii) so I’m glad they haven’t abandoned Console games as I was afraid of.
4. Fire Emblem Heroes for Mobile Devices
- Mobile specific Fire Emblem Game.
- Optimized for handheld (Smaller maps that fit smartphone screens and easier controls).
- Releases free-to-play on February 2 on Android and Apple.
- Simplified Gameplay to make the game more approachable for mobile players.
Thoughts: What I hope Fire Emblem doesn’t become is a mobile money sucker. The reveal makes me think that summoning heroes will be random and you’ll always be able to get a “stronger” version of each character from continuing to summon. This sounds like a version of supply drops in COD. If you’ve spent any time reading this blog or listening to our podcast you know how we feel about this. If you don’t know, we aren’t fans of this style of profiteering.
I was really hoping that a mobile fire emblem would be a full game at purchase. One that doesn’t encourage children to spend all of their parents money on chance-based rewards. Alas, this is not what they are offering. I’ll probably still play it… but with a somber spirit thinking of what it could have been…
What do you think of all these announcements? Comment, like, subscribe!
If you’d like to watch the Fire Emblem direct video here is the link.